Wednesday, November 11, 2009

My Passion

My name is Shanita. I have a B. S. in Biological Sciences with a concentration in Cellular/Molecular Sciences. I am not doing anything with my degree at this point. However, I have realized that my passion lies in teaching others. I love reading and interacting on an educational level with those who are open and receptive to learning. I am a substitute teacher. I mostly sub for Pre-K, but I have substituted for other grade levels. There is a great need for qualified teachers. In my years of schooling I have learned that not a lot of teachers are as passionate as they use to be about teaching. No one is encouraging kids to learn. They say boys are slow learners. Well, I disagree. I believe that a person's "smartness" lies in their upbringing.

Currently I am starting a program to get my Master's in Education. I am really excited and look forward to learning something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment